Friday, January 15, 2010

Grey's Anatomy ~ Blink



It’s been a long time since Grey’s threw Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years at us and disappeared. Almost two months. Is this too long for a show to go on winter hiatus? Yes. Is it anywhere near as long as Glee is forcing us to wait? No. So it’ll be forgiven this time – I might not be so understanding next season! This week Grey’s returned with the much hyped crossover event, although Addison was so barely used on the Grey’s side of things that I almost forgot she was there! They saved all of the juicy Addison/Mark stuff for Private Practice which, lets face it, can always use the ratings.

We had a lot of things going on this episode, so let’s review:
(This recap ended up being waaaaaaaaaaaay to long, but I spent too much time writing it to not post it all – so this might take you a while)

Things aren’t going so smoothly for Lexie and Mark, relationship wise. Sloan (the daughter) is seriously cramping Lexie’s life, and she is in no way prepared to help Mark raised his grandchild with his daughter. Remember how Lexie chopped off her finger tips when Sloan moved in? Yeah – she’s not ready for that. By the end of the episode they are broken up and she is in bed with Alex.

Sloan’s baby is in trouble and the current gyno staff at Seattle Grace apparently sucks so hard that Mark calls Addison and has her rush out to save the day. Unfortunately Mark has turned into a nervous daddy and makes Addison stop in the middle of surgery when there was a slight risk that Sloan could have bled out. Addison goes home, but Mark and Sloan soon follow right behind her to have the surgery. I don’t know how that went yet, because we only made it 15 minutes into Private Practice before passing out – but I do know that Addison and Mark get all hot and sweaty in Addison’s office.

Derek, Callie, and Bailey are treating an injured football star. Upon Addison’s suggestion, Derek tries to set Bailey up on a date with the new guy in radiology.

''I'm in the middle of a divorce. People call me the Nazi, and it's not because of my ice blue eyes. I spend 12 hours a day carving people up, and I like it. I have a child and I have no room for casual anything. I'm angry all the time. … You want lunch, or you wanna show me the scan?''

It didn’t go so hot. As a byproduct of this, Derek discovers that Bailey has been taking extra good after care of the patient that turned yellow when the chief messed up the surgery, and begins to deduce that there is a reason why he won’t operate. By the end of the episode Meredith tells him that the Chief has been drinking again. That should go well for everyone.

Oh yeah, and the Mercy Westers are still around. Almost forgot about those guys! Reed insinuates that she will sleep with Alex if he gets her in on Callie’s surgery. Alex is leading her on to believe that he is going to collect. Meredith is pissed at Alex because he is technically still married to Izzie (even though she abandoned him).

“Turns out your stupid Post-It is 10 times the marriage my church wedding ever got me. I'm moving on.”

Meanwhile Charlie (another Mercy Wester) is pissed too because he is totally in love with Reed. More importantly, I’m pissed that I’m wasting my time thinking about the Mercy Westers when the only one I find mildly interesting (Jackson) is nowhere to be found. Sorry, that was harsh. I want to care about you guys (kinda), but there is just so much else happening that is more interesting!

Teddy gave Cristina a solo cardio surgery, but it’s not going to be easy. She’s stuck with an indecisive patient (who played Joy “Moist” Lass on Dead Like Me) who can’t decide between a mechanical, porcine, or bovine valve, all of which require completely different preparation. In the end Cristina gets her to make a decision (“cow or pig?”), but surgery doesn’t go smoothly either. While the patient is in serious danger, Teddy sits back and reads a magazine while Cristina tries to figure out what to do. The patient makes it, but we’re left over with some Teddy/Owen drama that makes Teddy quit. Cristina isn’t about to loose another cardio attending, especially one that is finally pushing her, so she goes into a rant that Teddy can have anything she wants if she stays.

Teddy: “I want Owen.”
Cristina: “Fine! Done! Take him!”

Oops! The look on Cristina’s face tells us that she just realized she actually would trade Owen for her career. If that isn’t enough to get Teddy to hang around, I don’t know what is.

Side note: Did Mercy West bring it’s cheery wall colors with them or something? Where did that paint come from? What hospital am I in?





Most importantly we learned, in a blink and you missed it moment, that lesbians do in fact like to be naked together, despite what previous episodes have implied:



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment