Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Chuck versus The Other Man



What a fabulous episode of Chuck! If this had been the season finale (as it was originally intended before NBC ordered additional episodes) or even a series finale (as it could have been) I would have been entirely satisfied. Chuck versus The Other Man delivered in big ways.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the time for the detailed recap I want to do, but I definitely didn’t want to let this episode sneak by without recognition. So quickly, here are a few highlights:

  • Shaw finally takes his place as a Ring villain, and we are rid of him. We have not been a fan of Brandon Roth’s acting from the beginning, but we were even more turned off by his bad guy blandness. As far as we are concerned his only real purpose in life is to look like Superman. Acting? Not so much.

  • General Beckman has monitors everywhere! Do you think if you called her while she was in the shower she would answer? I do. Also, I fully support her owning The Clapper.

  • How dare Sarah cut though all of those gaming control cables!?! Have you no respect for the sanctity of a duck hunt gun?

  • Morgan takes his place on the official Team Bartowski. I am super looking forward to all of his interactions with Casey.

  • Sarah tells Chuck that she loves him. About time!

  • Chuck makes his first kill. He takes out Shaw to save Sarah’s life. He gave Shaw every opportunity to be arrested and avoid death, but when Shaw began to push Sarah over the end he gave Chuck no choice. We were, of course, all terrified that Sarah would turn her back on him again, like she did when she thought he had passed his red test. No worries!



So Chuck has become a real spy, he’s won Sarah’s heart (and body – boom chicka wow wow), he has his best friend working at his side, and he finally got to see the Eiffel Tower. All in all, a pretty awesome day for Chuck.



Can’t wait for new episodes and SCOTT BAKULA!

Here are some of our favorite lines from the night:

“Call this number, request tactical support. You'll be forwarded to a Colonel Sanders, don't make fun of his name.” ~ Casey

“Do you want to see the bill on your tactical mission. It's longer than my copy of Atlas Shrugged.” ~ General Beckman


“Thank you for saving me. I appreciated the tank.” ~ Sarah

“Chuck, I fell in love with you after you fixed my phone and before you started defusing bombs with computer viruses.” ~ Sarah

“You're still Chuck. You're still my Chuck.” ~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment