Thursday, December 10, 2009

Glee ~ Sectionals



We’ve known that this was coming for a while now, but still . . really, FOX? You’re making us wait until April for new episodes? I still can’t wrap my brain around this. Stupid American Idol. Well, at least they were good enough to give us one hell of a “fall finale” to tide us over. This episode really tied up all of the loose ends from this half of the season, and in a way that didn’t feel too forced or rushed. Well played, folks. In fact, if Glee hadn’t been picked up past their original 13 episode order (can you imagine?), it would have even made a passable series ending. So I applaud their foresight. However, if we are stuck with this split season crap next year (which wouldn’t surprise me) I will pitch a fit.

Moving on to the actual episode, there was so much to love! Emma and Will's kiss at the end was wonderful and so fulfilling. It made my little fan girl heart squee and reminded us that these two are H-O-T hot together (flash back to the chalk-on-nose scene if you need a reminder). Also, I love that she ended up taking the kids to Sectionals and that she got all hardcore on the cheater teachers from the other school.

Rachel caught on to the Puck/Finn/Quinn baby daddy drama (props to her for being the only one to actually figure it out on her own!) and revealed the secret to Finn, who consequently beat the crap out of Puck and quit Glee Club right before sectionals. Oh No! What will they do? Don’t worry, a rousing “sometimes it sucks to be special” speech from Will later on in the episode will send him off to save the day (in Will’s car, nonetheless). Is this the beginning of a new Finn? Or as the EW recap termed it, the end of Finnocence? Side note: Quinn is going to be like gigantically pregnant by the time Regionals rolls around, isn’t she?

Could the judging panel for sectionals have beeen any more awesome? Candace Dystra — 5th-runner up Miss Ohio 2006 (Oh hey there, Mrs. Newlin!), news anchor Rod Remington (who broke Sue’s little heart – emphasis on the little), and Donna Landries (disgruntled Ohio Vice Comptroller who hadn’t heard the term show choir until 3 hours earlier when her boss forced her to fill in for him). That room was pretty much full of win.

Can you believe that Figgins actually stood up to Sue and suspended her? You go, sir! Of course now Sue is filled with more hatred and rage than ever, which can only mean awesomeness for the viewing audience.

How cute was their last number when they did little dance tributes to all of the performances from season so far? I need to watch that about 10 more times to fully process everything.

And yes, Brittany did actually just semi-out her and Santana . . . so that happened? We're hoping that wasn’t just some throw away line, because it sure got a lot of people’s attention!

Okay, that’s enough rambling. On to what we are all really here for – Quotes and GIFS!!!!

“I say we lock Rachel up until after sectionals. I volunteer my basement.” ~ Kurt

''Sex is not dating. ~ Santana
''If it were, Santana and I would be dating.'' ~ Brittany


''She's the one they made me talk to when they found out I was keeping that bird in my locker.'' ~ Brittany about Emma

“I can't wait to see you sing that song at Sectionals. You're amazing, Mercedes, and you deserve it. I'm going to hug you now.” ~ Rachel


''We just pushed it back a few hours. Now it doesn't have to happen in broad daylight.'' ~ Emma about her wedding.

''I fully understand if you want to be beat me up. If you can just try to avoid my nose.'' ~ Rachel

''The kids are completely freaking out, Artie keeps ramming himself into the wall, and I'm pretty sure that Jacob Ben Israel just wet himself.” ~ Emma

''Bring it on, William. I am reasonably confident that you will be adding revenge to the long list of things you're no good at. Right next to being married... running a high school glee club, and finding a hairstyle that doesn't make you look like a lesbian. Love you like a sister.'' ~ Sue, ending by kissing her fingers, and bringing them to Will’s lips.

''Oh, what happened to the white guy with the Jheri curl?'' ~ Eve (whatever her character was named).

“Okay. I'm just gonna come out and say it. This is a singing competition. I don't know how those deaf kids got in. They weren't singing, they were like honking and everyone was crying and I was like, ‘Get off the stage. You're terrible and you're making me super uncomfortable.’” ~ Candace Dystra (judge)

''I don't understand what a glee club is, and I have never even heard the term show choir until about three hours ago, when my boss told me he had tickets to NASCAR and I had to fill in at this fool event.'' ~ Donna Landries (judge)

''Really, one blink from you, Will, and I would have been out the door.” ~ Emma

''Get ready for the ride of your life, Will Schuester — you are about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination: HORROR!'' ~ Sue


(Sorry about the completely random order of the GIFS)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I legit screamed when Will and Emma kissed.

    Then proceeded to die.

    Loved MLWSWY at the end... though there are a few parts I dont remember the performances, but I'll need to go and rewatch. Loveloveloveloveloved this episode... dont want to wait until April.

    Boo. <3

    ReplyDelete